Going to the beach is more than just soaking up sun. If beach retirement is in your future, or you are planning a beach vacation you will want to take a look at these fun ideas.
Here are some fun things to do at the beach besides just soaking up the sun:
1. Meet people. Beaches are filled with people so there's no reason that you can't make new friends. Play Games like volleyball or touch football to make it easier.
2.Bonfires. Just because you are retired you can still be a kid at heart. Bonfires are fun on the water (lakes, rivers, beaches) or in the forest, providing they are allowed where you are. It's great to hold huge parties where people come to have sing-alongs, tell spooky stories, roast marshmallows and just have a great time with friends, and grandkids.
3. Look for shells and tidepools. While many beaches today do not allow anyone to remove shells from the beach you can still have fun seeing how many you can find, or looking at the variety of life in tidepools. .
4. Build a sand castle or cover your partner in sand.
5 Play at the boardwalk. A lot of beaches have boardwalks where you can play arcade games, ride rollercoasters, eat greasy or sweet food and enjoy free summer concerts on the sand.
6. Play with a Frisbee. This is a classic beach game and it is one that people never get tired of enjoying together. Try Frisbee golf, extreme Frisbee and Aerobie too.
7. Fishing. It's one of the most relaxing things that you can do at the beach and you might catch dinner.
8. Read. Sit in the shade of an umbrella and read a novel or magazine. Just chill.
9. Since most beaches are located in beach towns it's fun to go windowshopping in the little seaside shops. Stop at an outdoor cafe for a light lunch or just an ice tea and do some tourist watching.
10. Watersports. Whether you like to surf or prefer jet skis, body surfing, kayaks or kite surfing get active on the beach instead of just sunning on a rock like a lizzard!
11. Toss a beach ball, jump rope, fly a kite. Engage in some sort of child's play when you are at the beach and re-live the wonder of what it was like to go to the beach as a kid.
12. Write a book, a song or poetry. The beach has been inspiring people for centuries. Keep a diary of the things you do at the beach.
13. Take photographs. The beach is a great place for getting good photos.
14 visit for historic sites. Many beaches are located near places of historic importance which are marked with monuments or signs.
15.Watch the sunset. This is one of the favorite things that people often do at the beach.